Friday, June 29, 2007

Week 4: RSS and Newreaders - Thing #9

I looked at Merlin and made it one of my 10 feeds. Copying the URL and using the "Add" designation in the Bloglines account was the my method of choice. I found the search tools a bit confusing--just too much. I liked Technorati the best because it seemed to have a more organized format.

The Bloglines account and the feeds seem like a really great way to put together the sources that I frequently use. I found it to be a bit like grocery shopping; if you don't have a list to know what you want, it's easy to end up with a cart full of spur-of-the-moment purchases that you really don't want or need. I can see where this time-saving tool could easily become just another means to information overload.

1 comment:

SJB said...

Doris,
Thanks for being so helpful and assisting me with all my difficulties in working through week 4! You were a patient and encouraging lifesaver-we will "trek for tech"!!
SJB