Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Week 6: Explore Technorati - Thing #14

I looked at Technorati and did a search for "Learning 2.0." There were 506 blogs and 24,629 blog posts about Learning 2.0. There seemed to be a very low relevancy rate in the search results. I searched under PLCMC Learning 2.0; the results were 13 blogs and 213 blog posts--with what seemed to be a very high relevancy rate.

The Top Favorited Blog (by 2,275 members) that I searched was Boing Boing: A Directory of Wonderful Things. I am not sure how "wonderful" the featured "things" were; it was diverse and interesting--probably helpful if you were having a really slow, boring day behind a desk and looking for a way to make time pass. I wasn't, however, having such a day.

I looked at the Online Directory; noticeably absent were topics such as libraries, Learn 2.0, books, Web 2.0.

I looked at the Top 100 Tags from A to Z. The importance of Technorati as a tool for interacting on social topics was clear. Life, romance and relationships, music, weblog, and blogging were clear favorites. News and politics was surprisingly less popular; Iraq was markedly less used than I would have expected.

As for my "discoveries," I had never visited Technorati until this assignment, even though it has been around for 3 years. So, it was all a discovery for me!

1 comment:

James said...

boing boing is one of the most popular blogs around but you're right, like most blogs, it has a very particular reader in mind.