Friday, July 27, 2007

Week 9: Discover YouTube - Thing #20

I looked at many YouTube videos; I tried using the "categories" tab to find things that might interest me. In the "How To & DIY" section, I found a video on "Cool multiplication techniques for large numbers"; unfortunately, the sound quality was extremely poor. I also found "Tutorial on how to make a bottle cap bomb"; "How to Die--a Step by Step Short Cut"; and "Weaponology --Sniper Rifles, Pt. 1"--oh, which to try first!!! Moving quickly on to "Politics," I found much in the way of personal beliefs--little in the way of factual information. Undaunted, I moved on to "Travel." Ignoring many videos that seemed to have absolutely nothing to do with travel, as I would interpret it, I found a video on Aladaglar, a mountain range in Turkey, that seemed appropriate for this Trekker's blog. This is a beautiful video of the area that would certainly be helpful for library users seeking travel information (or for YouTube users seeking tranquility after exploring the site).

No comments: