Monday, July 30, 2007

Week 9: Locating Podcasts - Thing #21

In searching Podcast.net and Podcastalley.com, when I tried to listen to a podcast, I would receive a message that “needed plug-ins were not installed.” Clicking to “proceed” with the installation did not enable me to access the podcasts. I did not have this problem with Yahoo Podcasts. I really liked the format of the Yahoo Podcasts site; the category list was helpful and the “search” tool yielded relevant results. I explored the “music” category and the featured “what we like this week” section.

I searched for book reviews and library news and looked at LibVibe: the library news podcast; Book Voyages (children’s literature); The Mr. Nice Guy Show; and NPR: Books. They were all good; but I decided to add the NPR: Books podcast to my Bloglines account.

I also searched Google for book review podcasts and found Just One More Book Podcast (about children’s books), which I added to my Bloglines account.

I explored the Merlin site and their listing of how libraries are using podcasts. I thought that the stories for kids and the booktalks were really effective.

No comments: